The San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (SFMOMA) is seeking one full-time Archivist/Records Manager. The Archivist/Records Manager is responsible for organizing, and processing designated collections within the Archives collection, establishing physical and intellectual control, and creating detailed paper and electronic finding aids. The Archivist/Records Manager, in collaboration with the Head of the Research Library and Archives, is also responsible for establishing, managing, and implementing a Records Management Program (RMP). The Archivist/Records Manager reports to the Head of the Research Library and Archives.
- Supervise archives and records management staff. Coordinate volunteers and interns. Hire and train new volunteers and staff.
- Establish a RMP, paper and electronic; update the database and inventory from the institution wide inventory completed 3/2011. Expand as necessary.
- Oversee legal research for records retention (RRS) and disposition (RDS) schedules.
- Write RRS and RDS, coordinate staff records management training, and implement the RMP. Prepare RMP policies and procedures manual.
- Assist in planning for the impending move of staff records and unprocessed institutional records currently in off-site storage locations.
- Survey the archives collections, ongoing, in order to propose arrangement, including retention and disposal criteria. Physically reorganize the collections in accordance with the arrangement schema.
- Re-folder, re-box, and re-house the collections.
- Prepare finding aids in three formats: paper, MARC, and EAD. Contribute finding aids to bibliographic utilities.
Education and Training: MLIS from an ALA-accredited program with course work in records management and archives administration or Masters in archival management with a CRM certificate desired. Certified archivist and/or records manager preferred. Comprehensive knowledge of current records management – paper and electronic and archival methods, procedures, tools, and techniques, including preservation trends and applications.
Work Experience: Minimum of [3-5] years experience working with institutional records (paper and electronic) within a RMP, processing archives, and preparing finding aids. Experience having established an RMP from the ground up preferred. Minimum of [2 – 3] years of administrative experience in an art or museum archives setting.
Skills and Abilities: Familiarity with computer-based information resources, especially in the area of database creation for archives and RMP. Experience working with MARC and EAD; working knowledge of XML; knowledge of current archival/RMP arrangement and description standards; knowledge of APPM, familiarity with DACS, AACR2r, and LC authority files. Demonstrated knowledge of current models, standards, and guidelines for efficient records management, paper and electronic. Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others as well as demonstrated ability to work independently. Proven oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated leadership skills including ability to promote archives/RMP issues and needs. Ability to be flexible and responsive to an evolving work environment.
Physical Demands: Ability to carry out physical maneuvers associated with RMP/archives work that may include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling, climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, and reaching. Ability to lift 40 lb. boxes and work within a dusty environment.
SFMOMA is an EEO/AA.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: http://sfmoma.snaphire.com/?job=12609LIST