Librarian, Public Services
The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
Spencer Art Reference Library
The Librarian, Public Services plans, implements and directs public services of the Spencer Art Reference Library; actively provides excellent reference services and learning services, including library instruction and programs. The incumbent supplies leadership, supervision and training for the public services staff. Reports to Head, Library Services.
- Reference & Public Services
- Information Resources Development & Maintenance
- Collections Development
- Audience Development & Library Program Improvement
- Supervision of Staff (for public services)
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library science (MLS) or information science
- 3-5 years successful professional library experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of research sources in art history and the humanities in all formats
- Successful experience providing reference, instruction, and research services
- 2 – 5 years of supervisory experience including the ability to hire/fire and manage and develop performance.
- Demonstrated initiative in innovative public services, especially reference services
- Demonstrated leadership to develop and implement collaborative projects, including the proven ability to initiate projects and follow-through.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and public presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of integrated library information systems
- The ability to prioritize and balance competing job responsibilities, meet deadlines, and work positively in a changing environment
- A strong commitment to innovative and effective user-centered library services
- Reading knowledge of at least one modern European language or Chinese/Japanese
For more information and to apply, visit www.nelson-atkins.org