Director, Wold Resource Center
Art Department, Colorado State University
Position: Director, Wold Resource Center, Administrative Professional Position – full-time 9 month position.
- BA or MA in Art History or arts-related discipline or Library Science or Information Science required.
- Non-Art degrees require an additional minor in Art History.
- Demonstrated expertise with archives management, art/metadata standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of issues of copyright and intellectual property rights as they affect our image collections.
- Experience in creating, capturing, processing and cataloguing images in a variety of digital formats.
- Familiarity with one or more metadata standards.
- Familiarity with various commercial and subscription-based image bases such as ARTstor. Experience with digital resource management software.
- Strong technological skills in both Window and Macintosh environments and
demonstrated ability with some if not all of the following software programs: Adobe PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Excel, FrontPage, DreamWeaver, MS Access, Filemaker Pro, EmBARK and webKiosk.
- Ability to work with other campus constituencies to develop coordinated standards and policies governing image collection, use, and sharing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to orient faculty, staff, and students in the use of the collections and computer applications.
- Candidates who can advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and multiculturalism are encouraged to apply.
- Oversee the digitization of the collection’s slide images and integrate the image database
with the slide database.
- Select and purchase necessary software, hardware.
- Work closely with art faculty and University Art Museum to support their teaching and research needs.
- Oversee the access and storage of MFA theses and Art History capstone papers.
- Purchase teaching resource materials (DVDs, computer bubble testing sheets, reference books, etc.).
- Manage/maintain the computerized database, including performing scheduled
back-ups and routine file maintenance, coordinating software upgrades, communicating with the software
vendor regarding problems, customizations, and related issues.
- Collaborate with Library staff to develop coordinated standards of collection development and image delivery.
- Work closely with Academic Computing and Networking Services (ACNS) and the College of Liberal Arts (CLA) technology staff.
- Supervise workstudy students, including their selection, hiring, training, scheduling, and oversight.
- Assist faculty, students, and visitors, in locating and using digital resources and traditional slides.
- Assist with digital repository of images from University Art Museum exhibitions, including uploading into ARTstor.
- Maintain all equipment in the Wold Resource Center and assist, when possible, with Visual Art classroom equipment and software needs.
- Develop policies and long-range planning for the collections, facilities, and services within the Department of Art, Morgan Library and the University Art Museum.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Proposed Salary: $35,000
Beginning Date: August, 2012
Application Deadline: January 19, 2012. Search may be extended if suitable candidate is not identified. Once the search committee has identified a list of semi-finalists, Department faculty will have access to these candidate’s files, including letters of recommendation.
To initiate application submit ONLY a resume; letter of interest addressing position criteria; names, addresses and phone numbers of three references who can be contacted (no letters, please).
Submit application to:
Chair, Wold Resource Center Director Search Committee
Department of Art
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1770
To view the full posting and more info on Colorado State University, click here.