Cooper-Hewitt is looking for a creative leader to serve as Director of Digital and Emerging Media.
This is a senior level position that will:
1) lead the creative and strategic development of the Museum’s presence online (www.cooperhewitt.org)
2) design and develop an effective and highly successful eCommerce component;
3) lead the effort to elevate the museum’s presence on the web during a two year renovation period when the museum will be programming offsite and online; and 4) lead and expand the museum’s digital and social media presence by managing platforms that include blogs, Twitter, Face book, mobile, and others.
This position is crucial to all of the activities that support Cooper-Hewitt’s virtual presence, not only the strengthening of the online presence, including eCommerce, but through other creative opportunities that the incumbent will create and recommend. This position reports to the Director of the Museum and serves as part of the senior management team.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Five or more years experience in a senior strategic and technical leadership/supervisory role.
- Demonstrated skills as a conceptual, strategic planner and interaction designer who is able to generate usable and useful concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in program management, administration, and staff supervision in a distributed computing environment involving multiple facilities and varying disciplinary requirements. Ability to balance outsourcing and staff responsibilities.
- Superior mastery knowledge of the design, prototyping and development of interactive technology, standards, and scripting and programming languages.
- Experience coordinating the design and development of complex websites and eCommerce sites, receiving input from a variety of non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience developing and executing eCommerce strategies and programs that build top-line growth. Familiarity with websites metrics and social media strategies and initiatives.
- Has designed, prototyped and managed complex and interactive websites, including visual design and branding across multiple platforms.
- Experience effectively formulating, analyzing, and presenting project plans, such as recommending software components, media assets and technical approaches for complex and interactive websites.
- Appreciation and some knowledge of international and contemporary design.
SALARY: Competitive salary plus generous benefits
BENEFITS: TIAA-CREF retirement coverage, Health/Dental/Vision Coverage; generous vacation and sick leave plus 10 paid holidays. Free life Insurance with options to increase coverage at additional costs. Opportunity to work in a renovated landmarked building. Ideally located in Carnegie Hill (Upper East Side), near public transportation and next to Central Park. Opportunity to use 92Y gym and work out facilities. May attend free public and education programs, exhibitions and workshops at the museum and throughout New York. Smithsonian Institution was voted one of the best work places. Family friendly work environment.
How to Apply:
Please email CV that addresses qualification requirements with cover letter to:email@example.com (please ensure your resume addresses all qualification and experience requirements). Transcripts may be required.