Are you looking for an internship opportunity in 2011? The Museum and Library Services Division of the Ohio Historical Society has a paid internship position for a student or recent graduate interested in gaining more experience in exhibit preparation.
This is a paid internship in the Museum and Library Services Division. Duties include assisting curators and registrars to move artifacts and documents and prepare them for display.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Physical handling of a wide variety of historic artifacts, archival materials and archeological specimens.
- Completing transfer forms to document movement of artifacts.
- Updating locations for artifacts in the online catalog.
- Assisting to prepare artifacts and documents for display.
- Assisting to write some label copy for exhibit.
- Current or recent student in a program of study in library and information science; history; public history or museum studies.
- Interest in obtaining professional experience in the management of museum and archival collections.
- Interest in obtaining professional experience in preparing a museum display.
Must be able to complete 200 hours between April 1 and June 30, 2011.
Stipend of $1,000.00 to be paid upon completion of 200 hours.
Send cover letter and resume to Mary Cannon, Volunteer Coordinator, Human Resources at mcannon [at] ohiohistory [dot] org