via SLIS (Indiana) Careers Feed:
State: New York
Project Archives Assistant
The Museum of Modern Art
(New York NY)
The Museum of Modern Art is currently seeking a two year Project Archives Assistant to work with our Project Archivist on processing the archives of MoMA P.S. 1. MoMA PS1 is one of the oldest and largest non-profit contemporary art institutions in the United States. This position will be located in Queens.
The incumbent in the position will:
– Physically process files including removing staples and paperclips, re-housing photographs and fragile documents, and photocopying news clippings and other fragile materials
– Provide preliminary description of some materials
– Aid in reorganizing materials
– Re-box files and label folders
– Assist in the maintenance, editing, and correction of the finding aid data, associated lists and bibliographies, and final finding aid for the collection
– Any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Art History, work towards a Master’s degree or MLS preferred, and prior general office or museum experience. Previous archives experience preferred. Proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office required. Familiarity with DACS, EAD, Microsoft Access, and archival professional standards and policies preferred. Strong organizational skills, ability to initiate and work with a minimum of supervision. Experience with computer data entry and retrieval. Ability to lift and move boxes up to 40 pounds.
Please submit resume and cover letter, which must include salary requirements, to email@example.com. Please reference the position title in the subject line.
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Posting on the New York Foundation for the Arts Website: http://www.nyfa.org/opp_detail.asp?type=Job&id=94&fid=1&sid=54&oppid=31667 Submitted on 2010-11-10