Job Title: part-time librarian
Organization: Watkins College of Art, Design & Film
Location: Nashville, Tennessee,
The Watkins College of Art, Design & Film Library has an opening for a part-time librarian. This position is a part-time, 25 hour/week term position. Evening hours are required. The shift is Monday through Thursday 2-6 p.m., and some weekend hours may be required, covering other employee shifts when needed or assisting with college events.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
* Circulation duties as needed
* Reference services and assistance with all customer service needs
* Library instruction sessions and library tours
* Assisting the director in the advancement of Library 2.0 initiatives, such as blogging or social networking, as well as other forms of public and school wide outreach
* Help with the planning and implementation of programming
* technical services duties as needed.
* Considerable knowledge of standard library principles, practices, and procedures; general knowledge of materials and online resources;
* Ability to use and train others how to use all audio-visual equipment, online resources, wireless and other library technologies;
* Ability to relate and effectively communicate with other employees and the general public; ability to make decisions recognizing established policies and practices, and to use resourcefulness, tact and courtesy in meeting new problems in dealing with library patrons
* Working on or recently completed MLS degree from an accredited institution
* Knowledge of Photoshop
* Awareness of current issues and trends within the academic library
* Friendly and outgoing personality
* Ability to work well with others or alone and to show lots of initiative.
* Experience or background in art
* Cataloging experience
Training and Experience:
*MLS candidate or graduate preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Powerpoint.
Email resumes to Lisa Williams, Library Director, Watkins College of Art, Design & Film
firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls. Start Date will be August 9th.