via Canadian Librarian Association Job Search:
Instructor – Library and Information Technology
Creative Arts Program
Red River College is a leader in applied learning and innovation. Our talented team of employees is passionate about education, innovation and student success. We offer competitive salaries, extensive benefits, and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in a rewarding career. Together, we are going places.
We are currently seeking an Instructor, Library and Information Technology to join our team.
Reporting to the Chair of Creative Arts, the successful candidate is responsible for instruction in a variety of courses within the Library and Information Technology Program and the Creative Arts Department.
Preparing and presenting instruction in a laptop-based environment; developing and revising course outlines and curriculum as required; interviewing program applicants; counseling students and evaluating student progress; participating in the organization and administration of student field placements; keeping student records up-to-date and assessing and establishing equivalencies; assisting in College activities including student registration and orientation; liaising with relevant organization and association representatives; liaising with staff of Library and Information Technology Distance Education; responding to enquiries from potential students and employers.
* Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Studies from an American Library Association accredited institution.
* Minimum of five years relevant library experience.
* Experience with “new” library technologies.
* Expertise and recent relevant experience in public and/or technical services to teach a combination of practical courses in the following areas:
o records management / archives
o reference services and virtual reference
o information technologies in libraries
o library administration
o Canadian and children’s literature
o non-print equipment and services
o cataloguing (all facets including MARC, Dewey and LC)
o library marketing
* Strong information technology skills, including ability to use MS Office applications and current social media communication tools;
* Demonstrated commitment to continuous professional development;
* Sensitivity to, and understanding of the learning needs of adult learners from a wide range of educational, cultural, socio-economic and age groups;
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Experience and knowledge of instructional technologies to enhance teaching and learning is desirable.
Candidates are asked to specifically address the above Qualification Requirements in their application.
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities
and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Competition No.: 2010-67
Closing Date: July 16, 2010
Salary: $49,874 to $74,083 per annum*
*The successful candidate with a Masters or PhD in a related field will receive an Educational Supplement of $2,550 or $5,100 per annum respectively.
Apply in writing to: Red River College
C410 – 2055 Notre Dame Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3H 0J9
To view this and other employment opportunities online, visit us at www.rrc.ca and select “Employment Opportunities” from the list of links located on the bottom of our web page.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.