via ALA JobList:
The Art Institutes International – Milwaukee,
Salary: Not Specified
You will make students and their needs the primary focus of your actions, including creating and/or implementing student-focused processes and procedures. Additionally, the Librarian is responsible for planning, implementation, management and evaluation of all library services; assists in strategic planning and budgeting, collection development; provides instructional services for both students and faculty. The Librarian must also assure quality service to clients, exhibit sound economic principles, and foster innovation positive thinking and expansion.
The Librarian is responsible for providing reference, research and information literacy instruction to the campus community, using library materials in all formats. Will assist faculty, students and staff in development of research skills as well as teach patrons how to use the Library’s integrated catalog. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
· Provide reference and assist all patrons with development of research skills.
· Create, write and update library publications, such as manuals, guides, bookmarks, bibliographies, subject guides and other information literacy/library promotional materials.
· Supervise any ILL services offered and contribute content to library web site.
· Serve as coordinator for collection development. Librarian in campus community outreach activities, ensuring that library collections meet user needs.
· Acquire new materials in all formats consistent with overall institutional strategic goals, the library’s collection development policy, and annual budget allocations.
· Review existing collections for continued curriculum relevance.
· Oversee repair and maintenance of library AV equipment as well as supervise processing, repair, binding of library materials, in cooperation with Technical Services.
· Librarian in strategic planning and preparation of the annual library budget.
· Oversee student workers in shelving and inventory of library materials and schedule their work hours to assist in coverage of the circulation desk.
· Develop, maintain library operations manual. Attend meetings and workshops, and seek additional opportunities for professional development. Other Duties as assigned.
· Master’s Degree in Library, Information Science, or related from an ALA accredited school.
· At least 3 to 5 years experience working in a library in a post-secondary institution.
· Held positions of increasingly responsible experience in the industry.
· Knowledge of subjects usually taught at a post-secondary institution
· Knowledge of integrated library systems, OCLC, MARC records and current technologies
· Fiscal and personnel management expertise.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills with both peer and subordinate personnel.
· Superior organizational skills
· Work effectively a team member to insure that departmental goals are met.
· Ability to work well within the principles and practices of collection development.
· Ability to teach information literacy skills
· Comfort level with expanding and contracting sphere of influence as required at times by the role.
· Ability to frequently lift 10 to 15 pounds.
Submit Your Resume to this Job by Clicking the Following Link:
Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.