Don’t forget that ARLIS/NA’s Chat Series is offering up a great discussion later this week! I personally recommend “Marketing Today’s Academic Library” to anyone who is interested in user experience and branding for libraries. It’s a thought-provoking read and this week’s discussion promises to be every bit as interesting.
Technical info and details about past and upcoming chats at: http://www.arlisna.org/chats/index.html
In Search of Meaning: Building a Brand for an Arts Library
We will look at ways you can measure and build brand awareness for your library. In preparation for this chat, we recommend you take a look at Brian’s book “Marketing Today’s Academic Library” which includes helpful examples for library marketing and outreach. Although the focus is academic libraries, much of what is discussed may be applied to any type of library.
Moderator: Brian Mathews, author of Marketing Today’s Academic Library.
Friday, February 26, 2010, 11am Pacific – 12pm Mountain – 1pm Central – 2pm Eastern
- What is the difference between marketing, branding, advertising, and outreach?
- What is unique about Arts libraries?
- What do your patrons think about your library? How do you know?
- What types of marketing research have you conducted?
- What are some techniques and strategies you can use for building your brand?