User Services Associate
ARTstor New York, NY
ARTstor is seeking a User Services Associate. As a key member of the User Services team, the Associate is responsible for promoting and supporting the effective use of ARTstor by faculty, students and professional staff at participating institutions. The User Services Associate provides technical support and training services, both at the institutional level (including libraries, visual resource collections, museum educators and instructional technology departments), as well as directly to end users (including faculty, curators, and graduate and undergraduate students). ARTstor serves a community of not-for-profit research institutions in the United States, including colleges, universities, secondary schools, public libraries, and museums, as well as the international not-for-profit research community.
Administer and be an expert of ARTstor. This includes the initial outreach to institutions licensing ARTstor, front line user technical support, training and support materials development, data integrity, and learn and quality check new system features. Specific responsibilities include:
- Cultivate relationships with user support contacts at participating institutions to ensure successful uptake and robust use of ARTstor as a licensed institution-wide resource
- Develop and maintain a variety of print and web-based instructional materials for various end-user audiences at licensing institutions
- Prepare and conduct online/web conferencing training of ARTstor
- Organize and conduct on-site training for user support, technical staff, educators and scholars at participating institutions
- Track and report on outreach and training activities and participation status using internal customer relationship management database system (Talisma)
- Provide technical support and help desk services (via phone and email) related to both technical issues (hardware, software, network infrastructure) and ARTstor content (availability of certain content areas, questions about image or data quality) for ARTstor licensees, working directly with a range of staff at participating institutions, including information technology and instructional technology staff, visual resource professionals, librarians, and museum professionals
- Work collaboratively with ARTstor’s User Services and QA teams to resolve all ARTstor system technical issues
- Assist in assessing and enhancing the usability, functionality, and interoperability of the ARTstor service
- Represent ARTstor at professional conferences, participating in user group meetings, panel presentations, and demonstration sessions to raise awareness of ARTstor initiatives, services and features
- Some travel required
The User Services Associate should be professional, organized, should have strong problem solving, and analytical skills, should have the ability to work closely with a small dedicated team in a fast-paced environment, and should be committed to the delivery of high-quality service to users in the educational and arts community. Candidate should demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, be energetic and flexible, able to work independently and demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively with professional staff members in all sectors, internally and externally. A detail, process, and structure-oriented candidate is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a liberal arts discipline, in computer or information science, or in a relevant technical field;
- 3+ years or equivalent experience in a Learning and Training Department, account management, user service, training, visual resource support, or public service librarianship;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills regarding technical and non-technical subjects;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and drive projects and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, comfort and fluency in both PC and Mac platforms. Experience with InDesign, PhotoShop, web conference software and ARTstor a plus.
ARTstor is a non-profit whose mission is to use digital technology to enhance scholarship, teaching and learning in the arts and associated fields. As part of a community-wide effort to further this goal, ARTstor will build, continually develop and distribute a digital library of images and related information that aims to serve the needs of researchers, teachers and students. ARTstor will work closely with both providers and users of content from educational and cultural institutions around the world to construct a non-profit, public utility.
*ARTstor currently offers an extremely competitive benefit plan including:
- Employer paid medical, dental, vision and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed pension with a 6 month vesting period
- A competitive salary
- Transit assistance
- 20 vacations days
- …And much, much more
ARTstor is an equal opportunity employer. Nominations and applications, including a cover letter, resume and salary history should be emailed to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. No telephone calls please.