Associate Curator of Image Technology
Department of Art History
The Associate Curator of Image Technology works side-by-side with the Associate Curator of Collection Development in Visual Resources to provide leadership and expertise in developing, maintaining, and managing an effective and current visual resources collection for faculty teaching, research, and institutional use in the Department of Art History and the University at large.
– Bachelor Degree in Fine Arts or Visual Communications or a related field with a demonstrated knowledge of image technologies
– Two years experience in visual resources or a image management facility required
– Effective leadership, research, analytical, interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
– Demonstrated proficiency of image acquisition/manipulation software and image presentation/retrieval systems.
– Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
– Ability to research, manage, and pursue purchasing of collection-specific materials and supplies.
– Demonstrated proficiency with web site design and management
– Ability to work well with multiple and specific deadlines to meet the research and instruction needs of department faculty.
– Ability to interact and work well with diverse personalities.
– Strong computer skills in both PC and MAC environments and a through knowledge of Internet tools
– Familiarity with copyright laws
For more information, please visit https://jobs.rice.edu