Job Title: Campus Librarian
Organization: FIDM/The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
Location: San Francisco, California,
The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising has a vacancy for the Campus Librarian position at our San Francisco location.
Job Title: Campus Librarian
Supervisor: Director (line) / Regional or Campus Director (staff)
Summary: This position is responsible for directing and supervising the operations and maintenance of the branch Library in support of the FIDM and Library Mission Statements.
- Direct and supervise the activities of the branch Library.
- Direct and coordinate the daily activities of the Library staff to ensure maximum patron service and efficient workflow.
- Provide, train, and ensure provision of reference services, bibliographic instruction, internet researching, and instruction to all Library patrons.
- Manage the Library’s collection to ensure relevancy, currency, and usefulness in both print and non-print formats. Selectively eliminate out-dated materials as appropriate.
- Catalog (copy and original) and supervise the cataloging of Library resources, including print and non-print formats.
- Recruit, interview, select, hire, orient, train, educate, develop, schedule, evaluate, counsel, discipline, and terminate staff.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and / or coordinate special events in support of FIDM, FIDM Education Department Curriculum or the Library, including, but not limited to: projects, tours, newsletters, teams, etc.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain appropriate budget and related numerical and / or statistical information for Library.
- Attend meetings where the presence of the Campus Librarian is expected, including Education Department meetings, Staff Meetings, etc.
- Supervise the annual inventory process.
- Submit reports, narrative and / or numerical, as required.
- Maintain and enhance professional knowledge in technology and trends in information literacy and the overall retail industry by participating in
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master in Library Science (MLS) or Master in Library & Information Studies (MLIS) degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited college or university, or with such degree in progress.
- Minimum of two (2) years library experience, preferably at the college level.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience.
- Ability to abstract materials
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Computer literate at the Intermediate Skill Level with competency in those tasks determined necessary for the position.
Application Information:Email, fax, or mail (please, no phone calls) resume, cover letter, and salary history to: James P. Glenny, Library Director 919 South Grand Ave Los Angeles, CA 90015 Fax: (213) 624-9365 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org