[Posting at LISjobs.com does not include contact info, and this position does not appear on employer’s website. See http://studentaffairs.artschool.com/library/ for contact info for the library.]
Job Title: Librarian
Organization: The Art Institute of Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada,
The Librarians on our campuses are responsible for providing reference, research and information literacy instruction to the campus community, using library materials in all formats. The Librarians are also responsible for the cataloging of library materials in all formats and assists in the supervision of technical services such as web design & management, serials management, materials processing, repair, binding and preservation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Reference and Instruction
2. Collection Development
3. Cataloging & Technical Services
4. Budget and Planning
5. Circulation & Personnel Supervision
6. Professional Development
7. Promotion and Committee Participation
8. Other Duties
Â· Day, evening and weekend work schedule, depending on school needs.
Formal Education: Requires a Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA- accredited school.
– Relevantsupervisory experience
– Experience working in a library in a bachelors-level academic institution or two-year college
– Familiarity with art, business, design, education, or other subjects taught at the school
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– Familiarity with principles and practices of collection development
– Knowledge of integrated library systems, OCLC, MARC records and current technologies
– Ability to work effectively in both a team-based and self-directed environment.
– Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, students, faculty and the other library patrons and have a strong commitment to public service.
Application Information:Before applicants can be considered, we require current working authorization for Canada to be in place. Note: This is a Part-Time position, which may be extended to fulltime in the future.