from UT School of Information Job Web
CREATIVITY LIBRARY ASSOCIATE
Location: United States, Nebraska, Omaha
Job Types: Professional
Categories: Entry Level
CREATIVITY LIBRARY ASSOCIATE
University of Nebraska, Omaha
Job Close Date: May Close At Any Time
Requisition Number: 4042195
Department: University Library – 50000183
Pay Basis Hourly
Job Posting Date 01-08-2009
Job Category Staff
Work Schedule 8a-5p Mon-Fri, varies, some evening/weekend
Job Description – Essential Functions: In a collaborative, team-based environment under the direct supervision of the Director of Public Services the Library Associate performs specialized reference services, assists in use of library technology and databases, actively participates in producing and coordinating library events and programs, operates a branch library facility, and other assigned duties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION: Maintains and consistently provides exemplary customer service while working extensively with a variety of patron groups that are users of the Kaneko-UNO joint venture library.
– Provides general reference desk service including in-person, electronic, and telephone reference for up to one-half of the total workweek.
– Performs bibliographic and library record searches.
– Instructs patrons in the use of print and electronic resources.
Assessment, Collections and Promotions:
– Conducts outreach and promotional programming including, exhibits, speaker programs, seminars and workshops.
– Assists by gathering and reporting of assessment data. Creates and modifies policies related to the unique status of the branch library.
– Identifies unique books and media to support the mission of the branch library. Places orders and tracks budget for these materials.
– Creates promotional and informational materials in both print and web formats.
– May provide library instruction, including instruction on use of information resources and technology to a variety of patrons.
– Works rotating shifts including some evenings and weekends.
– May supervise student employees and interns.
– Serves on library and university committees as required.
– Participates in cross-departmental projects within the library.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
= Bachelors degree in Library Science, Art, Humanities or relevant field or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
= Experience applicable to understanding and supporting the creative process.
= Must possess valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
= Interest in and ability to operate a small, uniquely chartered library.
= Ability to devise and implement innovative services.
= Ability to thrive in a flexible and ambiguous environment.
= Interest in and ability to work effectively with a wide variety and diversity of patrons.
= Ability to use and learn a wide variety of digital and media technology.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters Degree in Library Science, Art, Humanities or other relevant field preferred.
POSTING AND TO APPLY ONLINE: https://careers.unomaha.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1231961984352