||Image Database Admin
||Letterman Digital Arts Center
- Become knowledgeable of all Lucas image databases as well as the users, administrators and asset types specific to each division. Assist in the collection, distribution and conversion of assets across all groups.
- Help to establish standards for metadata across all collections. Import existing metadata and create new data for thousands of images while standardizing all entries and ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate with and train Lucas employees on use of the database and assist them in learning how to find images that meet their needs, as well as helping to identify and prioritize enhancements to the database system.
- Work with developers and administrators to maintain other existing asset libraries as appropriate.
- Must have a working knowledge of digital asset management.
- Must have an extreme attention-to-detail, and the ability to enter numerical data and text with correct spelling, punctuation and grammar, involving few to no errors and skilled in standardization of metadata.
- Extensive experience with FileMaker, Access or equivalent database and Excel, specifically for the PC hardware platform.
- Experience with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of image file formats.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Star Wars film series is a major plus.
- Library Science degree preferred.
- Must be comfortable working with users at all levels of the organization, and employ sound judgment in establishing appropriate policies and maintaining strict confidentiality.
Application Information:Please create candidate profile and apply to: https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=942&CurrentPage=1