from UT School of Information JobWeb:
||LIBRARIAN (HUMANITIES INSTRUCTION/REFERENCE)
||United States, Michigan, Holland
LIBRARIAN (HUMANITIES INSTRUCTION/REFERENCE)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Includes faculty status with rank, non-tenure track. Seeking an enthusiastic, service-oriented Instruction/Reference Librarian who can work closely with classroom faculty and students in a liberal arts college.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities include full participation in an extensive instruction program, reference services, collection development in the humanities, and outreach to faculty and students.
* Required qualifications include an MLS (or equivalent) from an accredited program
* An undergraduate degree in one of the humanities (English, Religion, Philosophy, History, or Languages)
* Excellent teaching skills
* Self-reliance as well as the willingness to consult and collaborate with colleagues
* Knowledge and experience in reference services
* Strong technology skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
* Willingness to work some nights and weekends on a rotating basis is required.
* Candidates should demonstrate an ability to combine excellence in librarianship with professional activity and should be committed to the character and goals of a liberal arts college operating within the historic Christian faith.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED:
* Additional qualifications preferred include a second master’s degree in a humanities discipline; proficiency in a foreign language; expertise with technology such as digital humanities projects or web page creation or design.
* The library is housed in an award winning building and received the ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries Award in the college category in 2004. (Ms. Kelly Jacobsma, Director of Libraries, email@example.com)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Consideration of candidates will continue until the positions are filled. Submit curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and competencies, research plans if applicable, official graduate and undergraduate transcripts, three current letters of recommendation to:
Chairperson (per position listing below)
P.O. Box 9000
Holland, MI 49422-9000