Villa Park, IL — Visitors to LISjobs.com will notice a new look and feel today as the newly-redesigned site launches. The redesign brings LISjobs.com in line with current web standards and adds new content and features. Note that old links willl be broken; please update your links and bookmarks.
Highlights of the redesign include:
- Better integration of the LISjobs.com forum and other interactive site features.
- Job ads that, as always, are free to both job seekers and employers.
- New content on education and career development, including information on MLIS scholarships as well as on funding conference attendance and other CE opportunities.
- A more standards-compliant and accessible design.
- A new logo designed by Wendy Koff, Librarian and Web Designer.
- Updated links to outside resources; all links were checked manually in October 2008.
- Improved organization — information for both job seekers and employers is now easier to find.
- Opportunities for sponsorship — relevant organizations can easily reach an audience of librarians and info pros.