from the latest ALA-APA e-newsletter:
The American Library Association-Allied Professional Association is a service organization to ALA members. It manages certification programs and advocates for higher salaries for library employees.
1. The 2008 Librarian Salary Survey is now available from the ALA Store! Press release.
• Data from more than 1000 public and academic libraries on 6 librarian positions, and detailed analysis.
• Library Salary Database includes salary data for more than 60 librarian and non-MLS positions from 2006 through 2008.
• Reports are tailored for your library size, region and state.
• Valuable for HR staff, directors, consultants, and job seekers!
2008 ALA-APA Salary Survey: Librarian: Public and Academic – $81 for ALA members – (25% discount for participating libraries)
Library Salary Database – $50/30-day subscription; $150/annual subscription
3. Have you helped raise a library worker’s salary? The SirsiDynix Corporation, through ALA-APA is giving $5000 to a person or institution that has had an impact on library employee salaries. This is the last year for the award – nominate someone today!
7. Do you need salary negotiation training? ALA-APA will provide customized training at libraries, library conferences and to groups. Contact the [ALA-APA] office for details.