DATE AVAILABLE: September 2008
DEPARTMENT: Visual Arts Library, School of Visual Arts
REPORTS TO: Associate Library Director
SCHEDULE: Seasonal: Fall and Spring semesters only
Saturday: 2pm-5pm; Sunday: 2pm-6pm
One weekday evening (specific day may vary per semester)6pm-9pm
POSITION OVERVIEW: Provides assistance with reference services and administrative support in the Visual Arts Library on weekends and one weekday evening.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility during weekends and one weekday evening for assisting undergraduates, graduate students and faculty members with library navigation and use of online catalogue and electronic resources.
- Performs administrative-related tasks in reference services and other areas of Visual Arts Library, as required by supervision.
- MLS and graduate-level Art History degree, or strong background in the history of art and design.
- Ability to work total of 10 hours per week during weekends and one weekday evening.
- Interest in pursuing a career in reference services
- Computer literacy required.
- Experience using online art and design databases.
- Strong customer services skills.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
No walk-ins please. The School of Visual Arts is an EOE.