Bowdoin College’s pioneering Information Technology Division (IT) supports technology-related faculty research, instructional programs, and the integration of technology campus-wide. Bowdoin IT staff are customer-service oriented while being technological innovators and energized about technology in education.
We are looking for a creative, dedicated, and skilled person to serve as the Educational Technology Associate, who will focus on supporting the Arts and be the campus resource for digital asset management.
The Educational Technology Associate will:
- Consult with faculty, staff, and students, particularly in the area of multimedia and digital images, on the appropriate use of technology for their teaching, scholarship, and creative work.
- Train and Support ArtSTOR (Offline Viewer), Luna Insight, Portfolio and other digital asset management software.
- Provide regular “third level” support on various multimedia software (e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Luna, Portfolio, ArtSTOR Offline Viewer, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Flash) and hardware through extensive research and one-on-one training.
- Serve as a campus resource for the management of digital image assets.
- Actively monitor and learn about multimedia advances and trends, relating them to the Bowdoin community, and sharing Bowdoin successes with colleagues through conferences, articles, websites, etc.
- Lead educational technology projects and implement innovative ideas and solutions.
- Research, evaluate, select and implement software and hardware solutions for faculty and staff, in consultation with the client and other IT staff.
- Troubleshoot to resolve issues that may arise related to such software and hardware.
Please visit https://careers.bowdoin.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=50703 for the specific requirements and to apply for this position.
Bowdoin College is a highly selective liberal arts college on the Maine coast, with an array of outdoor recreational opportunities, and 25 miles from Portland, a vibrant community of artists.
Bowdoin College is committed to equality through affirmative action and is an equal opportunity employer.