Reports to the Director of the Library.
Job Code: LIB. 031108
Rank: Faculty, Tenure Track
1. Provide vision and develop visual resources services, including supporting faculty use of ARTstor and the Embark image management system. Responsible for selection and acquisition of digital content and helping plan the transition of the Slide Collection to digital format.
2. Responsible for collection development of print and digital resources in all art-related fields.
3. Serves as the library liaison to the Art History Board of Study, the
Art and Design, and the
Museum. May serve as library liaison to other boards of study based on subject background.
4. Provides reference service for the Visual Resources Collection as well as general, in-person and online reference service. This entails occasional evenings and weekends.
5. Teaches library instruction and information literacy classes for undergraduates, graduate students, and other clientele. This includes specialized instruction for Art History and Art and Design courses and general instruction for College Writing and Freshman Seminar classes.
6. Promotes and publicizes visual resources services throughout the College.
- MLS from an
ALA accredited institution
- Strong academic background in art
- Demonstrated ability to develop a visual resources collection
- Knowledge of digital image management systems, such as Embark and ArtStor
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collegial environment.
- Master’s degree in art-related field
- Reference experience in an academic library
- Strong teaching skills.
- Experience in the application of new technologies to instruction.
Application Information:Please follow this link for application instructions: http://www.purchase.edu/Departments/humanresources/vacancypages/artlibrarian.aspx