Digital Imaging Technician
Date posted: Jan. 29, 2008
State: Indiana Job description:
The Digital Imaging Technician will provide technical support to the Collections Support Division, consisting of Conservation, Photography Services, and Registration departments. Scanning, direct capture, image optimization, and upload to Digital Asset and Collection Management Systems are core responsibilities associated with this position.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Digital Imaging Technician STATUS: Full Time 37.5 hours per week SUPERVISOR: Chief Photographer/Photography Services SCHEDULE: The weekly schedule will consist of 22.5 hours (Three days) dedicated to Conservation staff activities, and 15 hours (two days) to Photography Services and Registration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Download, color correction, and archiving of digital images captured by museum Conservators related to treatment documentation of collection objects.
2. Scan, optimize, and upload of images to the Digital Asset and Collection Management System related to the museums art objects, utilizing professional digital imaging equipment.
3. Assign technical and descriptive metadata according to established digital imaging standards to ensure appropriate fields of critical information are recorded for archiving and presentation purposes.
4. Assist and maintain the implementation of digital imaging and color management protocols related to established digital imaging standards within the Collections Support Division.
5. Assist Photography Services and Registration personnel with direct capture, scanning, and image editing related to general department imaging projects or procedures.
Demonstrated knowledge of imaging applications, especially Photoshop, metadata creation, and best practices; awareness of new technology and trends and their application for imaging services; ability to take initiative, solve problems and prioritize work effectively; general knowledge of the visual arts and image collection management; Demonstrated ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively with museum colleagues.
Please submit letter of introduction and resume via e-mail only ( no calls please) to Tad Fruits, Chief Photographer email@example.com or submit an application in person to the Human Resources Department.