Solo Librarian – Woodbury University
- Woodbury University’s San Diego campus needs a subject specialist for the Architecture
library. A part-time position (10 – 15 hrs/week) reporting to the Library Director, the San
Diego Librarian oversees the programs, services and resources for this branch of the
Woodbury University library.Responsibilities include reference, instruction, collection evaluation, circulation. Works
closely with students and faculty on site, and coordinates library services and collections
with the main library in Burbank.QUALIFICATIONS:ALA-accredited MLS, experience with architecture or closely related collections, and strong
technical skills required, experience in teaching credit-bearing courses preferred.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience; minimum $22 per hour.
Position open immediately; applications received by Nov. 5th receive first priority.
Interested persons should send a current resume, the names and addresses of at least three
references, and a cover letter addressing their qualifications to:
Joann Larson, HR Dept.
7500 Glenoaks Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91510-7846
Please refer to position: SDL
Electronic submissions welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1884, Woodbury University is an independent, coeducational, non-profit,
nonsectarian, partially residential institution of 1,400 students accredited by the Western
Association of Schools and Colleges.
Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its
peoples and programs.
Job opening at the College of Design, University of Minnesota.
Library Assistant III / Assistant Curator
Requisition # 151765
- The College of Design at the University of Minnesota is accepting
candidates for the position of assistant curator in the Digital Collections
and Archives Unit (DCA) http://www.cdes.umn.edu/resources/dca/index.html
(the site is undergoing a redesign and information will be populated
shortly).We are seeking a collaborative, service-oriented, and knowledgeable
individual for this position who enjoys working in a fast paced academic
environment. The DCA is a founding member of the Digital Content Library
(DCL) www.dcl.umn.edu along with the College of Liberal Arts at the
University of Minnesota.Please visit the links below for information on the position and how to
apply via the U of MN employment site: please apply asap as we would like
to start the interview process as of early December.http://employment.umn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=67289 (quick-link)
https://employment.umn.edu (U of MN job site)
Assistant Curator, Visual Resources Collection
UC Santa Barbara
UCSB Human Resources site: https://Jobs.ucsb.edu
Reference Job #20070584
- Description: Primary duties are split between the analogue and digital collections. Duties include: cataloguing images; creating and tracking new work orders; assisting with coordination of digitizing project workflow (digital capture of images, post-processing, storage) and ensuring proper procedure; troubleshooting equipment problems in classrooms; training users in digital image use (using MDID [the VRC’s image management database], ARTstor and its Offline Image Viewer, and other image search and presentation tools); researching digital image resources; assisting with digital copystand photography; monitoring quality of incoming photography; assisting with the maintenance and circulation of the slide collection (slide filing and repair) and equipment (scanners, camera and copystand); assisting in training and supervising student workers; assisting with course website maintenance when necessary; assisting users with reference questions and general inquiries; interacting professionally with faculty, students, university personnel and staff to provide courteous and effective customer service.Requirements: Work experience in a library, research or collection setting. B.A in Art History or related field. Experience cataloging in a database, and understanding of cataloguing and classification principles and systems. Strong computer skills (MS Word, Internet research). Strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work constructively and productively with faculty and staff. Ability to work under deadlines with complete accuracy and attention to detail. $3161 per month. Apply by Nov. 19, 2007. For more information: 805-893-3166 (HR).
Winterthur Library: Printed Book and Periodical Collection.
Assistant Librarian: Reference and Reader Services.
- The Assistant Librarian provides reference and public services to Printed Book and Periodical Collection users, including Winterthur staff, students of two graduate programs – the Winterthur Program in American Material Culture and the Winterthur/University of Delaware Program in Art Conservation – research fellows, visiting scholars, volunteers and the general public. Assists in developing and presenting instruction sessions for library users on Printed Book and Periodical Collection resources as well as library tours and orientations. Provides public services such as rare book photocopying and scanning, processing photoservices requests and paging rare books. Assists with technical services by performing copy cataloging. Coordinates all library loans, including interlibrary loan. Oversees course reserves, serials, and library circulation.
- Qualifications: Minimum: BA or BS in history, art history or related field, and an ALA-accredited MLS or two years of professional library experience. Knowledge of reference resources – both print and electronic – for the Humanities; knowledge of MARC format; familiarity with automated library systems; detail-oriented, organized, good interpersonal & communication skills, good computer skills, excellent customer service skills, able to prioritize competing tasks.
- Preferred: in addition to above, an MA in subject area: American history, art history, or related field. Knowledge of Virtua, knowledge of OCLC; knowledge of Excel and Access.
Two full-time positions at the ACA Library of SCAD: Visual Resources Librarian and Circulation Assistant/Writing Consultant.
- The Visual Resources Librarian position requires an MLS and an undergraduate or master’s degree in a subject taught at the college. Special collections experience is desirable. The position entails reference and bibliographic instruction, work with the library’s digital image databases and oversight of the artist’s book collection.
- The Circulation Assistant/Writing Consultant position requires a bachelor’s degree in composition or English and writing center experience. A master’s degree is desirable. The position involves assisting SCAD-Atlanta students with all aspects of written papers, and library circulation and reference work.
- Visit www.scadjobs.com to apply.