The ARLIS New England Fall Meeting will be on Friday, September 21, 2007 in the meeting room of the Sterling Library at Yale University. The program will consist of a panel about the future of scholarly publishing in art and art history, and the speakers will be Hilary Ballon, Professor of Art History at Columbia University and co-author with Mariet Westermann of Art History and Its Publications in the Electronic Age and Patricia Fidler, publisher for Art and Architecture editor at Yale University Press.
- 9 Coffee and registration
- 10:00 Business meeting for ARLIS/NE
- 11:00 Panel, questions and discussion; welcome by Allen Townsend, new director of Yale Art Libraries
- 12:30 Lunch-on your own; list of restaurants will be provided
- 2:00 Self-guided tours of the Center for British Art, the Yale Art Gallery, and the Yale Campus, and guided tours of the Beinecke (limit 15), Yale Special Collections (limit 15) and library of Center for British Art (limit 15)
RSVP by September 14 (the sooner the better) to firstname.lastname@example.org ; please specify which of the limited enrollment tours you would prefer.
Please join us for what promises to be a fascinating, enjoyable and gratis event!
Special thanks to Laura Tatum and Hannah Bennett of Yale University Libraries for their help in making this event possible.