Olin Partnership, a visionary Landscape Architecture firm in Center City, Philadelphia, seeks a DIGITAL IMAGING SPECIALIST to serve as part of its graphics production team. The DIGITAL IMAGING SPECIALIST will provide support for office-wide use of images in several capacities. This will be primarily a technical production position and not a design position.
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in the image production workflow, including scanning, tracking copyright and creator information, color correcting images and creation of PowerPoint lectures.
- Administer the Cumulus digital asset management system, Catalog images, Apply metadata to the organization and description of images and train staff in how to locate and access images.
- Understand current printing and scanning technologies in order to assist the IT Department with issues related to accurate color input and output.
- Operate slide, flatbed and large format scanners.
- Accurately adjusts color images for production-level output (boards, pamphlets, brochures).
- Manages a large collection of production-quality image files on network and server.
- Develop controlled vocabularies and best practices guidelines.
- Perform image reference service for staff.
- Participate in strategic planning of producing, storing, preserving, and delivering digital image resources, including working with graphics user group to develop strategies for acquiring images.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography, Digital Arts, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years imaging and image collection management experience.
- Experience handling photographic materials and original drawings.
- Strong knowledge of imaging software, imaging applications and database tools, specifically Adobe CS 3, PowerPoint and Cumulus digital asset management system
- Awareness of new technology and trends and their application for imaging services
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems and prioritize work effectively
- General knowledge of landscape architecture/architecture/horticulture a plus
- Ability to work flexibly, independently and collegially in a fast-paced, creative environment.
If you meet these requirements, we want to hear from you. Olin Partnership offers an attractive compensation and benefit package. Applicants must show proof of legal authority to work in the U.S. Olin Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email a letter expressing your interest, with your resume (Word or pdf format) in confidence to Mr. Skip Graffam, Director of Research (email@example.com) . NO calls please.