Definition of Work:
The Imaging Services Manager is under the direct supervision of the Director of Records Management. The manager is responsible for production activities of all personnel, management of databases, and all equipment contracts in the Imaging Services Unit; provides technical expertise on digital imaging systems and micrographic assistance to outside government personnel; implements sound archival and records management principles for preservation of long-term records.
Job Functions and General Responsibilities:
● The Imaging Services Manager serves as the main point of contact for both the State Library and Archives Divisions for scheduling projects for the Missouri Digital Heritage Initiative (MDHI);
● Provides expertise and advice to customer agencies in the principles, concepts, theories, and methodologies of records management and archival preservation related to digital imaging systems and micrographic technology;
● Serves as a first-line supervisor, overseeing the activities of Imaging Services, with responsibility for overall accuracy, effectiveness, and timely accomplishments of all operations;
● Responsible for compiling of statistical data for work performed;
● Interviews, screens, and recommends hiring of Imaging Services personnel;
● Assists the Director of Records Management in the development of production standards and procedures; prepare budget recommendations for the Imaging Section; and evaluates criteria of maintenance contracts and assures contracts are up to date.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Knowledge of principles, concepts, theories, and methodologies of records and information management and archival preservation for digital and micrographic media;
● Understanding of how to handle manuscript collections and the intrinsic value of documents;
● Knowledge of micrographic and digital imaging systems principles and practices;
● Ability to create and maintain databases;
● Ability to train staff and communicate complex ideas and technical information in writing and orally;
● Ability to supervise, plan, and coordinate activities of a work unit or group.
A master’s degree in information systems, archival management, library science (with information science emphasis), computer science, or related field is preferred; undergraduate degree and professional experience in the areas of management, specifically archival management, may be substituted for the master’s degree; demonstrated knowledge of standard records management and archival practices; Certified Archivist (CA), Certified Records Manager (CRM), or Certified Digital Imaging Architect (CDIA) designation or willingness to obtain such; and the ability to travel statewide. A minimum of two years supervisory experience is preferred. Five years of experience in a public records or private records service bureau environment highly desirable.
Position posted July 24, 2007. The minimum posting period will end August 17, 2007. After the posting deadline, the position may be closed to new applicants and filled at any time.
Kirkpatrick State Information Center
600 W Main St
Jefferson City, MO 65102
An application form is available at: http://www.sos.mo.gov/jobs/sos-jobapp1.pdf
Application materials (cover letter, resume, completed application) may be mailed to: Attention: Imaging Services Manager, Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767, Jefferson City, MO 65102. EOE.
Application Information:Application Procedure: An application form is available at: http://www.sos.mo.gov/jobs/sos-jobapp1.pdf Application materials (cover letter, resume, completed application) may be mailed to: Attention: Imaging Services Manager, Human Resources, Office of the Secretary of State, P.O. Box 1767, Jefferson City, MO 65102. EOE