ARLIS Conference Student Bursary
Applications are invited for a single fully-funded place at the annual conference for a full-time or part-time student working for a first degree or post-graduate qualification in librarianship and information studies. You do not need to be a member of ARLIS to apply.
This year’s conference:
BEAUTIFUL AND USEFUL: supporting the arts and crafts in the 21st century
ARLIS/UK & Ireland Annual Conference, University of Gloucester, Cheltenham,
Wednesday 4th – Friday 6th July 2007
This year’s conference explores the role of librarians in supporting, not only research into, but also the making of, art and craft in the new millennium. Topics encompass the digitising of the Northern Italian sketch book of Charles Rennie Mackintosh; creating an online interactive catalogue of the works and papers of Birgit Skiold; researching and marketing artists books and the role of special collections in supporting teaching and learning. Speakers come from a range of backgrounds, including:
– Andrew MacDonald, Director of Library Services, University of East London
– Linda Brassington, Senior Lecturer in Printed Textiles at the University College for the Creative Arts at Farnham
– Mary Greensted, Curator at Cheltenham. Art Gallery and Museum
In addition to workshops on a variety of subjects such as skills and competencies for the 21st century and the role of libraries in museums; and a number of fascinating study visits, the conference also offers an opportunity to network with professional colleagues.
For more information about the conference: http://www.arlis.org.uk/conf/arlis%202007/index.html
To apply for the award, please submit the following (preferably by e-mail) by Friday 25th May 2007:
1. A completed application form (see: www.arlis.org.uk or from the address below);
2. A résumé listing educational background, employment history and professional activities.
Application papers should be returned to: Administrator, ARLIS/UK & Ireland, The Courtauld Institute of Art, The Strand, London, WC2R 0RN, UK Tel: +44(0)20 7848 2703 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org