View the annual report of the ARLIS/NA Student Affairs Discussion Group online at http://www.arlisna.org/arlismembers/annreports/2006/dg_sa.pdf. You must be a member of ARLIS/NA to access the password-protected report. But, below are the goals that Co-Moderators & report authors Sarah Carter and Megan Macken included in the report.
Student Affairs Community current and future goals include the following:
- Utilize the ArLiSNAP online community to increase national conference participation among students and new professionals as attendees, volunteers, and panelists.
- Increase involvement of ARLIS/NA senior members. Although the ArLiSNAP community exists for the newest generation of ARLIS/NA professionals, a relationship with tenured professionals is essential for mentorship, advice, support and networking.
- Link the blog directly to the ARLIS/NA website. The Student Affairs Community would ultimately like to be able to host and administer ArLiSNAP from an ARLIS/NA server to provide the highest level of quality and greater visibility.
- Improve the regular collection of statistics on group participation.
- Publish resources (in print or online) in collaboration with ARLIS/NA that benefit the Student Affairs community. Projects of interest include:
- the continued collection, dissemination, and annotation of internet links relevant to art information professionals
- the digitization of Betty Jo Irvine’s comprehensive bibliography of art librarianship;
- a revision of the 1999 Addendum to Library Schools in Canada and the United States: Educational Opportunities for Careers in Fine Arts and Visual Resources Librarianship.
- Sustain the growth of the group by electing one co-moderator each year for a two-year term. Overlapping terms will allow the two co-moderators to ensure the continued success of the discussion group and maintain the momentum of long-term projects.