Organization: Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
Location: Los Angeles, California
Description: Job Title: Library Specialist – Reference / Circulation
Department: Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Library
Supervisor: Library Public Services Manager
Summary: This position is responsible for providing reference and circulation services, bibliographic instruction, and internet researching to all Library patrons in support of the FIDM and Library Mission Statements.
• Provide reference services, bibliographic instruction, internet researching and instruction to all Library patrons.
• Conduct internet, online services, and other instructional searches as required.
• Provide circulation services to all Library patrons.
• Participate in events in support of FIDM, FIDM Education Department Curriculum, or the Library, including; but not limited to: tours, lectures, reference support, teams, and newsletters, etc.
• Answer questions in the Library, either in person, by telephone or email.
• Assist in preparation and update of handouts.
• Assist in annual inventory.
• Submit reports as requested.
• Maintain and update Policies and Procedures Manual for this position.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree preferred.
• One year experience in FIDM related discipline.
• Ability to abstract written materials.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Computer literate at the Intermediate Skill Level with competency in those tasks determined necessary for the position.
Application Information:Email your resume to email@example.com; include salary requirements. The schedule for this part-time position is Monday 1:00 – 10:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm, and four hours TBD.