Announcing Additional Scholarships and an Extended Deadline (March 8th) for the
2007 Digital Humanities Summer Institute
University of Victoria
June 18-22, 2007
We are pleased to announce that, due to the generosity of our sponsors, we are able to offer additional scholarships spots in our program. These will be awarded to faculty, staff, and students working in the digital humanities. We have extended the application deadline to March 8th, and the application form is available on line at: http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/institute/apply_scholarship.php
Limited travel funding for graduate students is available via bursaries sponsored by the Association for Computers and the Humanities. You may apply for the this bursary at the same time as for Institute scholarships, by indicating on the scholarship application form that you are a graduate student member of the ACH and would like to be considered for the ACH bursary.
This year, we are fortunate to be able to highlight several unique offerings, including the following:
* Susan Schreibman (U Maryland Libraries) is offering an advanced Text Encoding Consultation.
* Hugh Craig (U Newcastle, NSW) is leading a Master Class in Textual Analysis.
* Dot Porter (U Kentucky) will be leading a seminar on Edition Production tools.
* Lynne Siemens (U Victoria) will again be leading a consultation on Project Planning and Management, focusing on humanities research case studies.
* Stan Ruecker and Alan Galey (U Alberta) are leading an advanced consultation on Interface Design for Humanities Visualization.
For more information, please visit the institute’s website at: