CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Int. Conference on Weblogs and Social Media
March 25-28, 2007
Boulder, Colorado, U.S.A.
We’re excited to announce the first International
Conference on Weblogs and Social Media, exploring
phenomena and techniques for analysis of the fast
growing blogosphere and social media space.
The conference is fast approaching and we are
planning an exciting schedule with many invited
speakers, pre-conference tutorials (March 25),
and of course, great technical content (March 26-28).
The conference aims to bring together researchers
from different subject areas (e.g., computer science,
linguistics, psychology, statistics, sociology,
multimedia and semantic web technologies) and
foster discussions about ongoing research on
weblogs and social media. We invite participation
from academia and industry.
* Ev Williams, Obvious Corp.
* Andrew Tomkins, Yahoo Inc.
* danah boyd, Berkeley School of Information
and USC Annenberg Center
* Search and Discovery in the Blogspace
Gilad Mishne and Maarten de Rijke, Univ. of Amsterdam
* Spam in Blogs and Other Social Media
Pranam Kolari, Akshay Java, Tim Finin and Anupam Joshi,
Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore County
Early Bird Registration:
* February 21st, 2007
* Eytan Adar, Univ. of Washington
* Natalie Glance, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
* Matthew Hurst, Nielsen BuzzMetrics
* Mark Liberman, Univ. of Pennsylvania
* Nicolas Nicolov, Umbria Inc.
* Franco Salvetti, Univ. of Colorado at Boulder & Powerset Inc.
Accepted papers, posters and demos:
For additional information see the conference website: