UMBC, an honors university in Maryland, seeks an innovative individual to be responsible for accession and record-keeping of Special Collections, except for archives and manuscripts, in coordination with the Collection Management and Bibliographic & Metadata Services units.
· Manages digitization projects.
· Supervises student assistants and student projects accomplished on desk duty, such as digitization and accessions processing.
· Coordinates and develops the unit’s web pages in consultation with Special Collections.
· Assists Chief Curator in the selection of materials, gift activities and development of traditional and electronic services.
· Provides patron services and general reference services for Special Collections, including two evenings each month during spring and fall semesters.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university.
ALA accredited MLS, concentration in special collections.
Knowledge of photographic special collections or history of photography.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
For best consideration, please respond by February 12, 2007.
Minimum salary: $46,000.
For complete position responsibilities, full requirements and other information on the UMBC Library, or to apply, see www.umbc.edu/library “Employment Opportunities” section.
UMBC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.