Student Travel Stipend Award
Please pass the following along to appropriate individuals. Contact Scott Marriott with any questions (contact info is below).
SLA Illinois Conference Stipend Application and Guidelines
The Illinois Chapter of the Special Libraries Association is offering a student stipend award to help cover expenses for the 2007 SLA Annual Conference in Denver. The chapter will select one student from qualified applicants to receive a $1,000 award.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an Illinois accredited graduate level library or information science program during the Spring 2007 academic year, and be interested in special librarianship.
- The 2007 conference must be the first annual SLA conference attended.
- Applicants must be members of SLA by the time they have submitted their application.
- The recipient may not accept a travel award for the annual conference from any other SLA Division or Chapter.
- Prepare a written statement, in English, of approximately 500 words on why you would like to attend the conference, i.e., anticipated benefits of conference attendance.
- Include a letter of recommendation from either a faculty advisor or immediate supervisor.
- Include a resume.
POST CONFERENCE REQUIREMENTS
- The recipient will be required to write an article for the SLA-Illinois Informant newsletter.
- The recipient will be required to volunteer for a local SLA committee.
- All applicants will receive notification of award status by early February 2007.
- Winners will receive half of the stipend in March 2007 SLA-IL and the second half when they submit an article for the Informant.
Submit the application materials, along with your address, telephone number, email address (if applicable), postmarked no later than January 15, 2007 to:
Marriott Information Services
5551 S. University Ave.
Chicago, IL 60637
Chair, SLA-IL Student Outreach