Student Committee Award 2007
ARLIS DC/MD/VA is the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia chapter of The Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) http://www.arlisna.org. The Society is a professional organization for art librarians, architecture librarians, visual resources professionals, artists, curators, educators, publishers, and others interested in visual arts information.
The ARLIS-DC/MD/VA Award was established in 2002 to provide funding for a library school student in the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area to attend the ARLIS/NA annual conference. This year’s conference will be held in Atlanta, Georgia, April 26-30, 2007. More information is available at the conference website: http://www.arlis-se.org/atlanta2007.
One award will be given to a student from either Catholic University of America or the University of Maryland. The award will cover registration for the conference, $250 for travel to the conference, and membership in ARLIS/NA and the local chapter, ARLIS-DC/MD/VA.
To be considered for the award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Be enrolled as a graduate student in the College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland at College Park or the School of Library and Information Science at The Catholic University of America.
2. Express an interest in art librarianship.
The deadline for applications is January 12, 2007. Please include the following information in an email to Isabella Marqués de Castilla either as the text of the message or as an attachment:
1. A statement describing how you meet the criteria of the award and your interest in art librarianship.
2. A short résumé
3. Your name, address, phone number and email address.
4. Supervisor’s name, phone number, and email address if applicable.
5. Name and contact information for university enrollment verification.