This AskARLIS session is a forum for the exchange of candid observations and collective wisdom between young and experienced librarians. Speakers will address topics relevant to both students and new professionals, such as discovering the hidden job market, translating theory to professional practice, professional development, and promotion and tenure. The Society’s seasoned professionals will have the opportunity to offer advice to the younger generation as well as gain insight into the concerns of new professionals.
Please share below the topics, questions or concerns that you’d like us to address at this session. (If you have more immediate concerns, please post them to the blog.)
- Alessia Zanin-Yost will speak on preparing for the profession.
- Heather Ball will speak on theory vs. practice.
- Kristen Meyer will speak on the hidden job market.
- Leslie Kott Wakeford will speak on professional development.
- Tony White will speak on promotion and tenure.
- Sarah Carter