Roger Williams University Visual Resources Center
Part-time Digital Resources Assistant
The Digital Resources Assistant will assist the Curator of Visual Resources with technical tasks associated with the development and maintenance of the digital images collection.
– prepares images for inclusion in the Library’s image database using image software for cropping, enhancing, color correcting and other file manipulation techniques
– scans or photographs (digitally and/or using film) images from books, periodicals, and other print sources as required.
– assists with copy-cataloging of images using IRIS cataloging software.
– archives digital images using specified storage media.
– scans slides selected by the Curator of Visual Resources and processes the resulting images as described above; pulls slides from the collection and prepares them for scanning by an outside source.
– occasionally assist Curator of Visual Resources in training faculty members to use the digital image database and/or ARTstor.
– in the absence of regular staff, the Digital Resources Assistant may be called upon to assist students and faculty at the Circulation Desk and/or in the Visual Resources Collection
Bachelor’s degree required.
Knowledge and understanding of the technology used in the production and manipulation of digital images.
Digital and film photography experience required.
Experience with digital image processing required (specifically using Adobe Photoshop).
Strong interpersonal skills required.
Bachelor of Arts in fine arts or art history preferred.
Previous library or visual resources collection experience preferred.
Coursework in library science preferred.
Familiarity with database software preferred.
At the university’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the university, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
To see the complete posting for this position visit: http://www.rwu.edu/Administration/Human+Resources/Employment/Open+Positions.htm
To apply for this position send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or to the Human Resources Department, Roger Williams University, One Old Ferry Road, Bristol, Rhode Island 02809.