- Save the Date + Call for Presenters: ArLiSNAP / VREPS 2021 Fall Virtual Conferenceby Jessica CraigArt Library Students and New ARLIS/NA Professionals (ArLiSNAP) and Visual Resources Association’s Emerging Professionals And Students Group (VREPS) invite you to save the date for our 2021 Fall Virtual Conference. This conference is open to all, but focuses on the needs of students and new professionals. Attendees interested in art librarianship or visual resource management […]
- An Internship Experience: Visual Resourcesby Melanie ZerahBy A.M. LaVey I spent 2020 in Belarus researching and writing my master’s dissertation on the topic of traditional textiles — specifically embroidery and ornament as codes of Belarusianness. I was in Belarus in August of that year, when protests began following the contested presidential elections. At the completion of my art history degree and […]
- The World of Metadata: An Expeditionby Melanie ZerahBy Becky Teague In August of 2020, I began working as a graduate research assistant on a digital humanities initiative titled Global Makers: Women Artists in the Early Modern Courts. Together with the two principal creators of the project (both art historians at the same university from which I received my master’s, one being my […]
- Welcome, Jessica Craig! 2021-2023 Co-Moderator!!!by Chaun CamposAs an incoming Co-Moderator, I would love to hear any thoughts or ideas you may have for the future of ArLiSNAP. Hi everyone! I am so excited to introduce myself as the new Co-Moderator for ArLiSNAP! I can’t wait to get started volunteering with Chaun and the rest of the leadership network to promote our […]
- Call for Feedback on the Framework for Visual Literacy draftby Meghan O'NeillRequest for Feedback Timeline Please return the survey by July 7, 2021 We are currently seeking feedback on the Visual Literacy Framework Companion Document. We are asking you to consider how you might use this document. We would also like to understand how it could be improved to better align with your needs. We thank you in […]
Connect with us!